Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cook Time: 50 minutes
Total Time: 1 hour 5 minutes
6 cups of water
2 cups of uncooked grits
3 cups of shredded Cheddar cheese, divided
½ cups of butter, cut into pieces, divided
1 lb ground pork sausage
12 large eggs
½ cups of milk
salt and pepper to taste
- Set the oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit (175 degrees C). Grease a sizable baking dish sparingly.
- Grits are added after bringing water to a boil in a big saucepan. Reduce the heat, cover the pan, and simmer for about 5 minutes, or until the liquid has been absorbed. 2 cups of of Cheddar cheese and half of the
butter should be blended until melted.
- Sausage should be cooked in a skillet over medium-high heat for 5 to 7 minutes, until it is browned and crumbly. Rinse, then add to the grits mixture.
- In a bowl, whisk the milk and eggs together. Pour into the skillet where the sausage was cooked. Over low heat, lightly scramble the eggs; stir into the grits mixture.
- Put the grits mixture in the baking dish that has been ready. Add the last of the butter, 1 cups of of the remaining Cheddar, and salt and pepper.
- For about 30 minutes, bake in the preheated oven until just lightly browned