Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cook Time: 20 minutes
Total Time: 35 minutes
1 (16 Oz.) can black beans, drained and rinsed
½ green bell pepper, cut into 2 inch pieces
½ onion, cut into wedges
3 cloves garlic, peeled
1 tbsp. chili powder
1 tbsp. cumin
1 tsp. Thai chili sauce or hot sauce
½ cups of bread crumbs
- Heat up an outdoor grill to a high temperature. Cooking spray should be used to lightly oil a sheet of aluminum foil.
- With a fork, mash black beans in a medium bowl until they are thick and paste-like.
- Utilizing a food processor, finely chop the bell pepper, onion, and garlic. Bean mash and chopped vegetables should be combined.
- In a small bowl, combine the egg, cumin, chili powder, and chili sauce. Stir in with the mashed beans after adding.
- Add bread crumbs and stir until the mixture comes together and becomes sticky. Four patties made from the mixture should be placed on the prepared foil.
- For about 8 minutes on each side, grill the food on the heated gril