Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 30 minutes
Total Time: 40 minutes
1 cups of water
½ cups of uncooked Arborio rice
2 green bell peppers, halved and seeded
1 tbsp. olive oil
2 green onions, thinly sliced
1 tsp. dried basil
1 tsp. Italian seasoning
1 tsp. salt
1 pinch ground black pepper
1 tomato, diced
½ cups of crumbled feta cheese
- Set the oven to 400 degrees Fahrenheit (200 degrees C). Grease a baking sheet very lightly.
- Using a medium saucepan, bring water to a boil. Stir in the rice. Reduce heat, cover, and simmer for 20 minutes or until liquid is absorbed. Heat has been removed; set aside.
- Place the peppers on the prepared baking sheet, cut-side down, in the interim. Roast for 25 to 30 minutes in a preheated oven, or until the skin turns brown and the meat is tender.
- Oil should be heated in a medium skillet over medium-high heat while the peppers are roasting. For two to three minutes, cook and stir onions, basil, Italian seasoning, salt, and pepper in oil.
- 5 minutes after adding the tomato, stir it in. Add the cooked rice and stir it until it is thoroughly heated. Feta cheese has been added, and the mixture has been removed from the heat.
- Peppers should be placed back in the oven for another 5 minutes to fully reheat