Prep Time: 5 minutes
Cook Time: 1 hour
Additional Time: 10 minutes
Total Time: 1 hour 15 minutes
1 tbsp. sea salt
2 tsp. ground paprika
1 tsp. onion powder
1 tsp. ground thyme
1 tsp. ground white pepper
½ tsp. ground black pepper
½ tsp. cayenne pepper
½ tsp. garlic powder
3 tbsp. vegetable oil, divided
1 (4 lb) whole fryer chicken, giblets removed
- Using an air fryer, preheat it to 350 degrees Fahrenheit (175 degrees Celsius) as directed by the manufacturer.
- In a small bowl, combine the following ingredients: salt, paprika, onion powder, thyme, white pepper, black pepper, cayenne, and garlic powder.
- Rub half the oil and half the spice mixture over the chicken.
- Cook for 30 minutes in the preheated air fryer. Take the chicken out of the fryer with care.
- Turn the chicken over. Sprinkle the remaining spice mixture on the opposite side after oiling it. Return to the air fryer and cook for an additional 30 minutes or until the meat is no longer pink at the bone and the juices are clear. 165 degrees Fahrenheit should be displayed on an instant-read thermometer inserted into the thickest part of the thigh, close to the bone (74 degrees C).
- Take out of the air fryer, cover with two sheets of aluminum foil, and let rest for 10 minutes in a warm place before carving.