Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cook Time: 20 minutes
Total Time: 35 minutes
1 cups of buttermilk
½ tsp. hot sauce
⅓ cups of tapioca flour
½ tsp. garlic salt
⅛ tsp. ground black pepper
½ cups of all-purpose flour
2 tsp. salt
1 ½ tsp. brown sugar
1 tsp. garlic powder
½ tsp. paprika
½ tsp. onion powder
¼ tsp. oregano
¼ tsp. black pepper
1 lb skinless, boneless chicken thighs
- In a shallow dish, combine buttermilk and hot sauce; stir to combine.
- In a resalable plastic bag, mix the tapioca flour, garlic salt, and 1/8 tsp. black pepper.
- In a shallow bowl, beat the egg.
- In a gallon-sized resalable bag, combine the following ingredients and shake to combine: flour, salt, brown sugar, garlic powder, paprika, onion powder, oregano, and 1/4 tsp. black pepper.
- Buttermilk mixture, tapioca mixture, egg, and flour mixture should be applied to chicken thighs in the following order, with excess being shaken off after each dipping.
- Achieve a 380°F air fryer temperature (190 degrees C). With parchment paper, line the air fryer basket.
- Batch-fry the coated chicken thighs in the air fryer basket for 10 minutes. For an additional 10 minutes, turn the chicken thighs and continue to fry them until the juices are clear and the meat is no longer pink in the center.