Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 25 minutes
Additional Time: 30 minutes
Total Time: 1 hour 5 minutes
½ cups of buttermilk
1 tsp. hot sauce
1 ½ lbs skinless, boneless chicken thighs
¼ cups of all-purpose flour
⅓ cups of tapioca flour
2 ½ tsp. Cajun seasoning
½ tsp. garlic salt
½ tsp. honey powder
¼ tsp. ground paprika
⅛ tsp. cayenne pepper
4 tsp. honey
- In a sealable plastic bag, combine buttermilk and hot sauce. Marinade the chicken thighs for 30 minutes.
- In a small bowl, mix together the flour, tapioca flour, Cajun seasoning, garlic salt, honey powder, paprika, and cayenne pepper. After removing the thighs from the buttermilk mixture, coat them with the flour mixture. Clear away any extra flour.
- Set an air fryer to 360 degrees Fahrenheit (175 degrees C).
- In the air fryer basket, add chicken thighs, and cook for about 15 minutes. After turning the thighs over, cook for an additional 10 minutes, or until the juices run clear and the chicken is no longer pink in the center.
- In the center, an instant-read thermometer should register at least 165 degrees Fahrenheit (74 degrees C).
- Take the chicken thighs out of the air fryer and drizzle 1 tsp. honey over each thigh