Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cook Time: 25 minutes
Additional Time: 1 hour
Total Time: 1 hour 40 minutes
4 medium bone-in, skin-on chicken thighs
1 cups of buttermilk
¼ cups of all-purpose flour
¼ cups of plain bread crumbs
2 tbsp. grated Parmesan cheese
½ tsp. ground paprika
1 tsp. garlic powder
1 tsp. salt
½ tsp. onion powder
½ tsp. black pepper
nonstick cooking spray
- Buttermilk and chicken thighs should be combined in a lidded, non-reactive container or plastic bag. Marinate for at least an hour or overnight in the refrigerator.
- Chicken should be taken out of the fridge. While preparing the breading mixture, drain off the buttermilk and let the chicken rest on the counter.
- In a big, shallow bowl or pie plate, combine the flour, bread crumbs, Parmesan cheese, paprika, garlic powder, salt, onion powder, and black pepper; whisk or stir with a fork until well combined.
- Set the air fryer to 375–380 degrees Fahrenheit (190 to 195 degrees C). Lightly mist the air fryer basket with nonstick spray.
- Press each chicken thigh into the breading mixture once the air fryer is hot, making sure the breading adheres to all sides as much as possible. Place carefully inside the air fryer basket. Continue until every thigh has been breaded and placed in the basket. Avoid piling them on top of one another.
- For 25 minutes, set the air fryer. Check the temperature with an instant-read thermometer when the time is up. Inside should be 180 degrees Fahrenheit (82 degrees C).
- Simply close the basket once more and let them rest if they aren’t quite done but the breading is turning dark. Alternatively, you can re-heat the air
fryer for a few minutes and check them again. Serve right away