Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cook Time: 10 minutes
Total Time: 25 minutes
1 ½ tbsp. olive oil
1 lb shrimp, peeled and deveined
salt to taste
6 cloves garlic, finely minced
¼ tsp. red pepper flakes
3 tbsp. lemon juice
1 tbsp. caper brine
2 tbsp. cold butter, cut into 4 equal pieces, divided
⅓ cups of chopped flat-leaf parsley, divided
1 tsp. water, or as needed
- In a large, heavy skillet, heat the olive oil over high heat until it barely starts to smoke. On the bottom of the pan, spread out the shrimp evenly, and cook for 1 minute without stirring.
- Salt the shrimp, then cook and stir them for about a minute, or until they start to turn pink.
- Cook and stir for one minute after adding the garlic and red pepper flakes.
- Add 1 tbsp. of butter, the lemon juice, the caper brine, and half of the parsley. About 1 minute will pass after the butter has melted.
- Turn the heat down to low and stir in the final three pieces of butter. Cook and stir for 2 to 3 minutes, or until sauce is thick, butter has melted, and shrimp are pink and opaque.
- With a slotted spoon, remove the shrimp and place them in a bowl. Cook the butter sauce for another 2 minutes, adding water 1 tsp. at a time if it becomes too thick. Use salt to season.
- Serve the shrimp with the pan sauce and the final bit of parsley on top.